37.5TM Technology by Cocona
Patented Technology That Uses Body Heat to Evaporate Moisture
Comfort in clothing is greatly influenced by the temperature and humidity next to skin known as the microclimate. For the average person, the body strives to maintain an ideal core body temperature of 37.5° C. You are most comfortable when the microclimate next to your skin has a relative humidity close to 37.5%. When you are in this ideal 37.5 comfort zone, you are also in your ideal performance zone. Cocona technology helps your body manage the moisture in your microclimate to keep you in this “37.5 zone” of comfort and performance.
Technology that Enhances the Body’s Efficient System
Your body already has the ultimate thermo-regulating system. The perspiration vapor that comes off of skin during activity cools the body when working hard. In fact, each gram of evaporated sweat releases 580 calories of stored heat. Unless this water vapor can be removed from the microclimate, it builds up in clothing, footwear, or gloves and creates a clammy and uncomfortable microclimate. 37.5 technology works to enhance the body’s natural cooling mechanism—the body puts out sweat to cool it down, 37.5 technology removes it from the microclimate.
How it Works
With 37.5 technology, patented active particles permanently embedded at the fiber level capture and release moisture vapor. Not only do these active particles provide 800% more surface area to the fiber, they also provide a unique driving force to remove moisture vapor unlike any other technology. By actively responding to body heat, the active particles use this energy from the body to accelerate the vapor movement and speed up the conversion of liquid to vapor, significantly increasing drying rates. This means the hotter the user gets, the stronger the driving force removing moisture becomes—and the more comfortable the garment remains.
Benefits of 37.5 Technology
- 37.5 technology works to keep the optimum relative humidity in your microclimate so your body more efficiently maintains an ideal core temperature, enabling you to perform better, longer.
- Fabrics made with 37.5 technology dry up to five times faster than similar fabrics, diminishing wet cling.
- 37.5 technology is made with naturally derived materials so there are no harsh chemicals to irritate your skin.
- 37.5 active particles are permanently embedded into yarn and will never wash out or degrade.
37.5 Technology can be Incorporated in to Variety of Materials
- Knit Fabrics
- Merino Wool
- Breathable Waterproof Laminates
- Woven Fabrics
- Footwear fabrics
- Glove inserts
- Softshell Fabrics